Madisonville Real Estate
Along the Tchefuncte River, Madisonville real estate is located approximately 40 miles from New Orleans. An easy commute for those who prefer to live in a small town, Madisonville had a population of 677 at the 2000 census. Many of the residents are descendents of the original settlers. The town was founded around 1800, but did not become a part of the United States until about 1810, when the original name of Coquille was changed to Madisonville. The name change was to honor President James Madison. Choosing Madisonville homes for sale is the choice of a historic town that was an important port town long before the Civil War.
Madisonville attracts many visitors partially due to the beauty of the area as well as many festivals that are held throughout the year. One of the festivals is the Wooden Boat Festival, which is held every fall. It is hosted by the Lake Pontchartrain Maritime Museum. Purchasing Madisonville homes for sale will allow buyers the chance to live in an area that is steeped in history. The Madisonville Lighthouse, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1838. On the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain, the lighthouse is only accessible by boat.
Madisonville real estate is considered to be part of the New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner metropolitan area. There is an emphasis on the renovation of many of the original homes in this area. In addition, new homes in Madisonville are constructed in keeping with the personality and charm of this historic town. The business community overlooks the river and there are many restaurants that offer fine dining as well as specialty shops and antique shops located here.
The attractiveness of purchasing Madisonville real estate is enhanced by the location, which is easily accessible due to the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway as well as I-12, LA Highways 21 and 22. The area has many marinas and recreational boating and maritime activities provide recreation for residents. Additionally, boating, swimming, fishing and hiking are enjoyed by many. This is a town that is chosen by a diverse population. There are many families, retirees and young professionals who choose Madisonville for the proximity to New Orleans as well as the ‘small town’ charm.
- Not A Subdivision 2013
- New Subdivision 220
- Bedico Creek 83
- Money Hill 77
- Parks Of Plaquemines 65
- Lakeview 65
- Lakeshore Villages 62
- River Club 50
- Wingfield Estates 46
- English Turn 44
- C'est Si Bon 42
- Eden Isles 41
- Lakeshore Estates 38
- Bon-Aire 37
- Hillcrest 37
- The Sanctuary 37
- Beau Chene 35
- Happy Jack 34
- Bogalusa 32
- Terry Harbor 27
- St. Tammany Foreclosure/Short Sale
- Homes for Sale in Mandeville, LA.
- Covington Real Estate
- Abita Springs Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Beau Chene
- Homes for sale in Crestwood
- Homes for Sale in North Park
- Homes for Sale in Penns Chapel
- Owner Financing-Bond for Deeds
- St. Tammany Waterfront Homes for Sale
- St. Tammany Luxury Homes for Sale
- West St. Tammany Real Estate
- St. Tammany New Construction Real Estate
- St. Tammany Golf Course Community
- St. Tammany Parish Real Estate
- What Do People Like Most About Mandeville, LA
- Houses for Sale in Metairie, LA.
- Houses for Sale in Slidell, LA.
- Folsom Real Estate
- St. Tammany Homes for Sale in Gated Communities
- Luxury Homes for Sale
- Hammond Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Ponchatoula
- Homes for Sale in New Orleans