Covington Real Estate Homes for sale in Covington
A diverse selection of Covington real estate is available for those who choose to live in an area that has not lost the ‘small town’ feel that is so popular today. This city on the North Shore of Lake Ponchartrain was originally named Wharton. It was renamed for a War of 1812 hero, General Leonard Covington. It was during the late 20th century that Covington became a popular place for those who worked in New Orleans to live. Lake Ponchartrain Causeway provided an easy commute and residents enjoyed the atmosphere provided by living in Covington as well as the amenities of New Orleans. This is still one of the main reasons for choosing Covington real estate today.
This is a community that enjoys a rich arts and cultural venue. Choosing Covington real estate – residential or commercial – will provide allow residents numerous opportunities when it comes to recreation. With Lake Ponchartrain nearby, there are many water sports from which to choose. Fishing, swimming and boating as well as golfing, concerts, art shows and activities within the different areas of the city will allow several options. There are restaurants that serve many different types of cuisine that are sure to please every taste.
The choice of Covington homes for sale will allow residents to live in a city that prides itself on community. There are many types of homes in Covington. Victorian architecture reminiscent of the old South, expansive plantation homes and ranch style homes are just a sample of the choices. This city of 9,224, as of 2009, is an environmentally-conscious community. The commercial districts throughout the city provide perfect opportunities for starting a business. The proximity to New Orleans offers even more varied choices when it comes to recreation as well as employment.
For the equestrian who is looking for Covington real estate, farms with barns and indoor riding arenas are available. Many even include a caretaker’s cottage and plenty of acreage for riding. This is a community that can provide typically any type of property that is desired for singles, retirees, families and professionals.
As a city within St. Tammany parish, Covington is served by the St. Tammany Parish School District. The excellent public schools, beautiful neighborhoods and the relaxed atmosphere are what make Covington real estate an attractive choice when it comes to relocating.
- Not A Subdivision 1689
- , 1351
- Not A Subdivision, 650
- New Subdivision 196
- Lakeshore Villages,Lakeshore Villages 113
- Money Hill 70
- ,French Quarter 63
- ,Warehouse District 62
- Bedico Creek 55
- ,Uptown 44
- New Subdivision,Riverstone 41
- River Club 38
- English Turn 37
- Happy Jack 36
- New Subdivision, 36
- Cypress Reserve 33
- Lakeview 31
- The Sanctuary 31
- Lakeshore Villages 31
- Lakeshore Estates 30
- St. Tammany Foreclosure/Short Sale
- Homes for Sale in Mandeville, LA.
- Covington Real Estate
- Abita Springs Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Beau Chene
- Homes for sale in Crestwood
- Homes for Sale in North Park
- Homes for Sale in Penns Chapel
- Owner Financing-Bond for Deeds
- St. Tammany Waterfront Homes for Sale
- St. Tammany Luxury Homes for Sale
- West St. Tammany Real Estate
- St. Tammany New Construction Real Estate
- St. Tammany Golf Course Community
- St. Tammany Parish Real Estate
- What Do People Like Most About Mandeville, LA
- Houses for Sale in Metairie, LA.
- Houses for Sale in Slidell, LA.
- Folsom Real Estate
- St. Tammany Homes for Sale in Gated Communities
- Luxury Homes for Sale
- Hammond Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Ponchatoula
- Homes for Sale in New Orleans