Abita Springs Real Estate...2019 #1 Site for homes for sale in Abita Springs, LA. Turner Real Estate
Before buying a home in Abita Springs, LA., it’s good to know a little on the history of the town. A Choctaw Indian village was once located where Abita Springs real estate stands today. The burial grounds are still located there today and were in use until approximately 1880. Within the limits of the town, there have been Native American artifacts found that are over 2,000 years old and nearby springs, for which the town was named, was one of the reasons so many people began to visit Abita Springs. This, coupled with the cooler weather made the area a tourist destination for many years. Residents of New Orleans would travel by steamboat to Mandeville and then by streetcar to Abita Springs. Those who choose to live in Abita Springs appreciate the history of this area and the fact that it is part of the New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner metropolitan area.
Located in St. Tammany Parish, Abita Springs’ residents are served by the St. Tammany Parish School District. This includes an elementary school for students K-3, a middle school for grades 4-6, a junior high for grades 7 and 8 and a high school for 9- 12. With a population of 2,112 in 2003, the area is known as a historic district and as a great place to live. The tree-lined streets are the perfect setting for the homes in Abita Springs. Historic homes and new construction as well provide a diverse selection for those who choose Abita Springs homes for sale. Many of the homes were built over 100 years ago when the first visitors to the area began to arrive.
There are many recreational opportunities for those who choose Abita Springs’ for their home. The Trailhead & Park, located on the Abita River contains many picnic tables and a children’s playground. There are several others including golf courses, trails for joggers, bicyclists, enjoying nature, horseback riding and bird watching. The Tammany Trace, which was previously a railroad, provides 31 miles for these activities and more. A folk art museum and art galleries are also enjoyed by many.
The UCM Museum – also known as the Abita Mystery House – is visited by many tourists. This collection of antiques and folk art is favored by residents as well as visitors. The Abita Brewing Company was established here in 1986. Combined with the proximity to New Orleans, Abita Springs’ homes for sale can provide not only recreation, but career opportunities, as well as country stores, wonderful gardens, a sense of community and a unique historic district.
- Not A Subdivision 1525
- , 990
- Not A Subdivision, 519
- New Subdivision 176
- Lakeshore Villages,Lakeshore Villages 97
- Money Hill 70
- ,French Quarter 57
- Bedico Creek 49
- New Subdivision,Riverstone 41
- River Club 38
- ,Warehouse District 37
- ,Uptown 36
- Happy Jack 36
- Lakeshore Estates 30
- New Subdivision, 30
- Bon-Aire 28
- English Turn 27
- Lakeview 25
- Bogalusa 25
- C'est Si Bon 25
- St. Tammany Foreclosure/Short Sale
- Homes for Sale in Mandeville, LA.
- Covington Real Estate
- Abita Springs Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Beau Chene
- Homes for sale in Crestwood
- Homes for Sale in North Park
- Homes for Sale in Penns Chapel
- Owner Financing-Bond for Deeds
- St. Tammany Waterfront Homes for Sale
- St. Tammany Luxury Homes for Sale
- West St. Tammany Real Estate
- St. Tammany New Construction Real Estate
- St. Tammany Golf Course Community
- St. Tammany Parish Real Estate
- What Do People Like Most About Mandeville, LA
- Houses for Sale in Metairie, LA.
- Houses for Sale in Slidell, LA.
- Folsom Real Estate
- St. Tammany Homes for Sale in Gated Communities
- Luxury Homes for Sale
- Hammond Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Ponchatoula
- Homes for Sale in New Orleans